Drug rehabilitation services and professional drug rehab centers in Florida are part of a larger addiction support industry.
Types of Injuries You Can Suffer at a Drug Rehab Center in Florida
With a profit-driven approach to treatment and little regulation, it shouldn’t come as a surprise that many people trying to fight addiction at drug treatment centers in Florida end up getting severely injured or suffering from side effects and medical complications.
In some cases, it is because of the wrong or inadequate treatment prescribed to them, while in others, it may be the direct result of staff carelessness or cruelty. Premises liability owing to slip-and-fall accidents is also common at drug rehab centers in Florida.
Injury due to drug rehabilitation treatment
- Addiction medication prescribed by the center’s physicians may interact in highly dangerous and fatal ways with existing prescriptions
- The rehab center may fail to provide proper care to deal with withdrawal symptoms
- The patient is allowed to relapse in a controlled environment, which results in terrible consequences
Injury because of a preventable accident at the rehab center
- Slip-and-fall accident because of wet floor
- Someone gets hurt because a therapeutic program goes wrong
- Vehicular accident on the way to an off-site program event
- One patient causing the injury of another patient
Injury due to rehab center staff action or inaction
Downright inappropriate or reckless actions or errors of omission of staff members may cause serious injuries in some patients. These actions include:
- Using force to make patients attend program events
- Neglectful care, which results in relapse or some other injury
- Sexual abuse
- Failure to prevent assault by other patients in the rehab center
Some of these injuries may be the result of staff negligence, while others may be owing to criminal or intentional conduct. These actions may lead to serious injuries that no one deserves. You can sue the drug rehab facility in Florida for financial compensation under such circumstances.