The legal BAC (blood alcohol content) in Florida is .08% but far too many completely disregard this important safety rule and cause serious and deadly accidents, especially on weekend evenings and over the holidays.
There can be a lot of confusion about drunk driving accidents because there is a criminal case, but the personal injury or wrongful death case you file with The Alvarez Law Firm is entirely separate with a different goal than the criminal case. The criminal drunk driving case is seeking penalties such as fines, jail time, and driving restrictions. The personal injury or wrongful death civil case you file with us is entirely different and seeks monetary damages—a financial payout of the physical, emotional, and psychological issues the accident has caused you and your family. And your case can be worth a lot of money, but you need to call us. How much is your case worth? It all depends on facts and injuries very specific to you and your accident, but some common areas of recovery include:
- Medical Bills: Past, present, and future medical bills and rehabilitation needs are all added up and forecasted to ensure that you are not paying out of pocket to feel better.
- Missed work: Whether you missed a lot of work, can’t work at all, or can’t work in the same capacity, you should not be losing this essential income because someone decided to get behind the wheel after drinking too much.
- Pain and suffering: Your settlement amount is more than just covering bills and paychecks. Getting into a car crash like this is incredibly traumatic and comes with struggles beyond money but the pain and suffering amount is intended to help reflect that.
- Disability and rehabilitation needs
- Other: Ultimately, your settlement with us is all-encompassing so if something like punitive damages or other areas are available, be rest assured we are always seeking everything available.